What we doBack to homepage
Our team is well-placed to help you deliver a wide variety of public health projects.
With qualified PRINCE 2 practitioners amongst our number we follow a structured, sequential model that utilises relevant public health theories to guide and inform all aspects of our project management work.
Our approach consists of:
- Defining the problem, identifying priorities – clarify the programme objectives, define and prioritise populations;
- Planning a solution –specify objectives, strategies, the sequence of activities to be undertaken and anticipated outputs and outcomes;
- Mobilising resources – generate public and political support, build the capacity of partner organisations and confirm resources;
- Implementing the programme – implement the programme as planned, using strategies and approaches as appropriate to the objectives;
- Evaluating the programme – assess the outcomes and impact of all aspects of the programme.
Training and other workforce development initiatives is key to achieving government health targets, particularly in relation to reducing lifestyle risk behaviours and tackling health inequalities.
We have delivered a number of training programmes, through the Give Up Loving Pop campaign, Food in Care ‘nutrition champions’ and Healthy Goals train-the –trainer project.
Following insight work, the development of national data and consultation and discussion with key partners, Food Active has focused on sugar consumption as a key risk factor for obesity. We support the national call for a duty on sugar sweetened beverages as a mechanism to effect behaviour change and to drive down the consumption of these drinks whose biggest consumers are teenagers from more disadvantaged communities.
Food Active is the only regional programme of its kind in the country and we partner with advocacy groups such as Action on Sugar, national charities such as Sustain and the UK Health Forum and academic institutions and professional medical organisations
Tackling health inequalities often requires a strong voice matched with strong leadership.